Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Waiting

WAITING...



Waiting is my word for the week. It's something I'm not so good at. I'm more of a jump-in-and-get-it-done sort of person, but sometimes we just have to wait for things. Like babies to be born, paint to dry, & baby weight to drop off! No I do not like waiting!!!
I have been thinking about waiting and the times in my life, where I refused to wait for what I know should happen in the end and decided to take action myself to get to the end result faster. It pretty much ended up a disaster everytime. Most recently I was painting a frame and it was almost dry but still a bit tacky. I wanted to see what the finish product would look like in the place it had to be, so I hastily placed it on the shelf. Not a good idea. I not only messed up my shelf but also the frame that I had been painting for a couple of hours since it needed several coats.
This can be much like my spiritual life when I refuse to wait for something that the Lord has for me. There have been times in my life where I have done this or that to get to what I thought the end result was that the Lord had me waiting for, only to make a complete disaster of everything! I think this is why sometimes he doesn't show me the entire picture of where things are going, but rather gives my heart desires or glimpses into things.
God has put some strong desires in my heart, but I'm trying to patiently wait. I don't want to have to wipe the paint off of something else and start over!

1 comment:

  1. So good. I have the same problem w/ waiting. So hard!
    I've made numerous mistakes by hurrying - much like the frame boo-boo. :(
    We make it so much harder on ourselves. We can't wait but we're also perfectionists...not a good combo!!

    ReplyDelete