Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Thing of Beauty



I love beautiful things - aesthetically beautiful things. Not necessarily frilly or fru-fru. Just beautiful things. And I love nature. I was thinking about this sunrise that I witnessed just a few weeks ago as I was heading to pick up a friend on our way to Chicago. Swirls of the most brilliant hues of purples, oranges, and pinks that I had ever seen were rising above the city. When Mrs. B hopped in the car, she immediately commented on the beauty of the sky that morning. Last night I opened my Bible to read in the Psalms, and the first verse was this:

"The heavens tell of the glory of God. The skies display
his marvelous craftsmanship."

~Psalm 19:1

I think sometimes people feel shallow for only appreciating something for its beauty, but our God is an amazing artist. Just look at what he has created and you can't deny that he loves art. I mean, we do call him the potter for more reasons than just one. And why else would God give so many individuals artistic abilities? So go ahead, look around, and appreciate those things your find beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment